Harris County is committed to maintaining a high level of accessibility by all web users. The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines(WCAG) explain how to make Web content accessible to individuals with varying and special needs. An explanation of those standards and links to those resources is provided below. Harris County attempts to comply with these standards and to adopt the latest technologies.
- http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wcag.php (Overview)
- http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/ (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines)
- http://www.section508.gov (Federal Government Section 508 Site)
Optimal Browsing Experience:
Where feasible, this site is designed for a screen resolution of 1024 by 768 pixels. Furthermore, we suggest the following browsers for an optimal experience with this site:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 9 and newer;
- FireFox® 1.x and newer (and other recent Mozilla®-based browsers)
Some documents are in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). We suggest using the latest Adobe Acrobat® reader.
Reporting Problems or Feedback:
The webmaster’s email address for Harris County’s main web site is email@example.com . It can be used to report problems, to convey feedback, or to submit questions. However, some departments provide their own email addresses; in these cases, we suggest that address be used to expedite delivery of your message.